Here is a short summary and this week’s links (below) to the latest Commitment of Traders changes.
– US Dollar speculator bets slightly edged lower to a position of just $62.5 million after dropping by $-72.5 million this week
– WTI Crude Oil Speculator bets gained for a second week following 3 down weeks and contracts back above +350,000 contract threshold
– 10-Year Note Speculators slightly reduced bullish bets for 3rd week
– Gold bets continued sharp drop for 5th week, fell to lowest level since January 2016
Get our Weekly Commitment of Traders Report: - See where the biggest traders (Hedge Funds and Commercial Hedgers) are positioned in the futures markets on a weekly basis.
Get Our Free Metatrader 4 Indicators - Put Our Free MetaTrader 4 Custom Indicators on your charts when you join our Weekly Newsletter
– S&P500 Speculators increased bets for 6th week and to best level since April
– Silver bets once again fell for a 5th week, at lowest level since August 2015
– Copper bets fell for 1st time in three week but remain above the +10,000 level for 6th week
US Dollar net speculator positions leveled at $62.5 million as of Tuesday
The latest data for the weekly Commitment of Traders (COT) report, released by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) on Friday, showed that large traders and currency speculators continued to reduce their bullish bets for the US dollar last week. See full article
The non-commercial contracts of WTI crude futures totaled a net position of 358,025 contracts, according to data from last week. This was a lift of 16,978 contracts from the previous weekly total. See full article
The large speculator contracts of gold futures totaled a net position of 60,260 contracts. This was a weekly decline of -33,539 contracts from the previous week. See full article
The large speculator contracts of 10-year treasury note futures totaled a net position of 257,027 contracts. This was a weekly reduction of -5,935 contracts from the previous week. See full article
The large speculator contracts of S&P 500 futures totaled a net position of 2,627 contracts. This was a rise of 348 contracts from the reported data of the previous week. See full article
The non-commercial contracts of silver futures totaled a net position of 14,005 contracts, according to data from last week. This was a weekly fall of -12,270 contracts from the previous totals. See full article
The large speculator contracts of copper futures totaled a net position of 12,006 contracts. This was a weekly shortfall of -4,339 contracts from the data of the previous week. See full article
Article by CountingPips.com
The Commitment of Traders report data is published in raw form every Friday by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and shows the futures positions of market participants as of the previous Tuesday (data is reported 3 days behind).
To learn more about this data please visit the CFTC website at http://www.cftc.gov/MarketReports/CommitmentsofTraders/index.htm